VRJAM Installer for Windows
(PC Game Experience)
(VR Experience for Oculus Rift & Quest)
(SCROLL DOWN FOR SETUP AND NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFFORE USING VRJAM)
Specifications & Set Up Instructions
The current version of VRAJM is a public beta meaning that the software is still being tested and may not work as expected.
VRJAM supports Oculus Quest 2 and Oculus Rift S and at this time our (beta) application only operates using these devices, while our software may run on other devices we make no assurance for quality of experience. A Windows PC is required to operate VRJAM with a VR device. The Oculus Quest 2 must be connected to the PC using a USB C cable.
OCULUS QUEST & RIFT S SET UP INSTRUCTIONS
1. The instructions that follow assume that you have already properly set up and installed the various software components for your Oculus Quest 2 or Rift S to run on your computer, including the Oculus desktop app.
2. (For Quest 2 users only) Download and install the Oculus Link app from the Oculus website (https://www.oculus.com/setup/), this is required to operate your Quest 2 with the VRJAM app.
3. Download and run the VRJAM installer (above)
3. Power up and connect your Oculus VR device to your computer solely using the cable that came with the device (third party cables may not work properly)
4. Ensure that after connecting your VR device to your computer the Oculus desktop app has launched and is running. If it does not launch when connecting your device, launch it manually.
5. (For Quest 2 users only) Immediately after you connect your device, put it on and look for the ‘Enable Oculus Link’ prompt which should appear immediately upon connecting your VR device to your computer. Accept the prompt and enter Link mode. After activating Link mode the Link home environment will load, please wait for it to load before proceeding to the next step.
6. Launch the VRJAM application by double clicking the VRJAM app icon in your applications folder, it’s important to open the VRJAM app only after the Oculus desktop and or Link apps have run, not before.
7. Put on your VR device and follow the prompts to enter VR.
NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS (VR Experience)
1. Connect your Oculus VR device (Rift & Quest) to your computer
2. Use the right and left Oculus controllers to navigate inside VR.
3. Pulling backward on the right thumb stick activates the teleport feature allowing you to teleport inside VR.
When the thumb stick is pulled backward, a beam of light will appear in front of you, pointing to the location that you wish to teleport to. Release the thumb stick to teleport.
4. Pushing the right thumb stick left and right rotates your point of view inside VR.
5. The left thumb stick allows you to navigate freely (move left to right, forward and backward) inside VR
NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS (PC Game Experience)
1. Connect an Xbox 360 controller to your computer.
2. Press the ALT key and the number 1 on your keyboard to activate your controller and use it to navigate around the venue.
3. The left thumbstick controls horizontal movement (left to right) the right thumbstick controls point of view (look up and down). The left trigger buttons control elevation allowing you to fly and hover.
MOUSE & KEYBOARD
- When you first enter the experience press the Alt button and the number 1 on your keyboard to activate the navigation controls. Unless this is done you’ll be unable to move inside the experience.
2. The W,A,S and D keys on the keyboard control horizontal movement (left to right).
2. The mouse controls point of view (look up and down).
3. The Q and E keys on the keyboard control elevation allowing you to fly and hover.
4. Press the ALT key and the numbers 2 through 0 on your keyboard to teleport to one of 10 preset locations in world.
ENJOY THE RIDE!