VRJAM Installer for Windows
(Oculus Quest 2)
(SCROLL DOWN FOR SETUP AND NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFFORE USING VRJAM)
Specifications & Set Up Instructions
The current version of VRAJM is in open beta which is still being tested and may not work as expected.
VRJAM supports Oculus Quest 2 and at this time our (beta) application only operates using this device, while our software may run on other devices we make no assurance for quality of experience. A Windows PC is required to operate VRJAM with a VR device. The Oculus Quest 2 must be connected to the PC using a USB C cable.
1. Unzip the downloaded file
2. Run VRJAM_ver01_installer.exe
3. Follow instruction on screen
OCULUS QUEST 2 SET UP INSTRUCTIONS
1. The instructions that follow assume that you have already properly set up and installed the various software components for your Oculus Quest 2 to run on your computer, including the Oculus desktop app.
2. Download and run the VRJAM installer (above)
3. Power up and connect your Oculus VR device to your computer using a cable (not all third party cables work properly, be sure to use a cable that has worked for you previously on other apps).
4. Ensure that after connecting your VR device to your computer the Oculus desktop app has launched and is running. If it does not launch when connecting your device, launch it manually.
5. Immediately after you connect your Oculus device, put it on your head and look for the ‘Enable Oculus Link’ prompt. Accept the prompt. After ‘Link mode’ your home environment should load. Please wait for it to load before proceeding to the next step.
6. Launch the VRJAM application by double clicking it in the Start Menu. It is important to open the VRJAM app only after the Oculus desktop and or Link apps have run, not before.
NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS (VR Experience)
1. Connect your Oculus VR device to your computer
2. Use the right and left Oculus controllers to navigate inside VR.
3. Pulling backward on the right thumb stick activates the teleport feature allowing you to teleport inside VR.
When the thumb stick is pulled backward, a beam of light will appear in front of you, pointing to the location that you wish to teleport. Release the thumb stick to teleport.
4. Pushing the right thumb stick left and right rotates your point of view inside VR.
5. Tip: Press left controller ‘Menu Button’ to calibrate the size of your character.
NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS (Flat-Screen)
1. Use W,A,S,D keys and mouse to drive your character.